A Bushel of Brooks

A Bushel of Brooks
Us as we are ...

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Decorating

We were celebrating five birthdays on my side of the family tonight! Whew! Talk about accomplishing a lot of celebration in one day!

The boys have been anticipating this evening because both of their birthdays were going to celebrated, along with their cousin Ben. Lots of little boy toys! Or, big boy toys, I guess = )

I made a giant cookie to take for dessert, and the boys were super excited to spend time this afternoon decorating it with me while Eli was working at church. We pulled out the frosting supplies and had such a fun little time together (and some frosting tasting along the way!).



Sometimes I forget that it is in these little things when we really have such a special moment together. This 20 minute decorating made it into their "favorite part of the day" comments that we always share while tucking them in to bed. It takes a little extra time to include them, because I certainly could have just done it myself, but the mess and the smiles and the fun were worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment